Phase two of the NSW Thoroughbred Workforce Development Project is underway, offering industry participants FEE FREE training funded by Training Services NSW Gov.
There is a course for everyone from High School to Management level, places are limited and for the first time many of the courses developed will offered across various locations in NSW.
- EquiStart Newcomers September 2022 (Over 18's introductory program)
- Thoroughly Schooled 15-21 August 2022 (High School Students yr's 10 to 12 introductory program)
- Thoroughly Toured 23 July 2022 (High School Students, Career Advisors, Parents/ Carers discovery tour)
- Silverdale Farm Academy Internships and Discovery tours (check the farms website for upcoming dates)
- Cert III Horse Breeding (Enrol anytime, on farm assessment and online now available for newcomers, existing workforce and traineeships with work placements)
- Cert III Agriculture (Enrol anytime, on farm assessment and online now available for newcomers, existing workforce and traineeships with work placements)
- Cert IV Horse Breeding (Expressions of interest open for 2023 enrolments)
- Emerging Supervisors Course 19th, 20th, 21st July 2022 (1 x Accredited Unit of Competency -TAEDEL301 Provide Work Skill Instruction), for young staff assisting trainees (3-day program, Scone only)
- Leadership and Management Course (3 x Accredited Units of Competency - BSBXCM401 Apply Communication strategies in the workplace, BSBCMM412 Lead difficult conversations, BSBPEF502 Develop and use emotional intelligence), 3-day program for supervisors and managers in breeding and racing industry, running across 5 locations in NSW.
- Breeders Seminar, Wagga Wagga 28 July 2022
- Breeders Seminar, Scone 8-9 August 2022
- Foal Photography Workshop, Scone Mid-august 2022